Written by CQI Representative
Friday, 22 April 2011 20:47
Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 19:55
Submit a Coffee for a Q Evaluation
- All users create a registration log-in and password.
- A 2 kg sample of green coffee is submitted to an In-County Partner (ICP) by signing in and completing the registration form. Please identify the appropriate In-Country Partner prior to filling out the registration form. Payment instructions will follow.
- The ICP receives the green sample and finds three Licensed Q Graders to evaluate the sample, following the green coffee standards of the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA).
- Three Licensed Q Graders evaluate the coffee based on a 100-point system, and the scores of the three cuppers are averaged to produce a Q Score. To truly be considered specialty, or Q, a minimum of 80 points must be earned. 80 and above coffees are among the highest quality coffees in the world. If the coffee receives a score below 80, it does not become a Q Coffee™ and receives a Technical Report.
- The Q Score is submitted to the owner of the sample, and the owner has the option to edit his/her public profile in the Market Linkages section.
- Buyers and other interested parties can view Q Coffee™ profiles and connect to sellers around the world.
*Please note that starting January 1, 2012, all In-Country Partners will be using the new database. Until then, please follow the instructions on the database, as some ICPs are only accepting Excel forms as they transition to the new platform.